Thursday, October 27, 2005

What if ............... ?

What if I had damaged my spine. There was a thread on Handbag about caring for someone if they needed to use a wheelchair. I think if I remember it was hoping that their partner would care for them. Talked about this a couple of days ago and decided that there wouldn't be a problem.

I know that everyone is different and has different needs and different disabilities but I used to know someone who had lost both her legs to the knees through gangrene. When I met her she must have been in her late 70s I should think and she lived with her husband in a house near to me. I used to stop and chat when she was sitting out in the front garden. Her husband died and she stayed in her home, she had a friend who used to go in everyday but otherwise she managed by herself and was independent to the extent that she didn't want the Social Services in to help. She used to amaze me.

I wouldn't have any problems at all with someone I cared for very much being dependent on me to whatever degree it would be.

I've only had one crush over someone on the net and that person is in a wheelchair. Didn't know to start off with but when I did it didn't change anything because the person was the same whether they were in a wheelchair or not.

Absolutely lovely.