Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Goodge Street Station

Had to walk up an escalator yesterday that was broken and felt a bit puffed, not surprizing really as I'm feeling so ill I guess. and it wasn't just me as the young lad infront of me had to stop for a breather too. But, four years ago I used to walk up the very long, very steep spiral stair case at Goodge Street tube station (for fun!! .. and to prove that I could do it I guess) with no problems at all. I found a deeper tube station somewhere else and used their stairs too. Wow. The things lemuures do for fun. Used to go up carrying my bags too.

I realised today even without this bug I'd be stopping to catch my breath if I tried to walk up those stairs now. They're quite a shock for people who use them for the first time, though usually it's a sort of giggly shock. Sherpa Lemuure was always very encouraging.

Well, healthy eating is the first step.