Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Muure and muure pills

There have been more pills but I have also had steroid drips. These are like the pillies but they are in liquid form and come in plastic bags and bottles. The bottles are quite hard as I discovered on my last visit here but the bags much softer.
I had two of these drips because they wanted me to have large doses of the steroids. The last time I had the drips it was fer water so I didn't become dehydrated.

How they do this is to put a candula into your hand or arm so they can attach the bag by a tube to it and all the liquid flows slowly into your veins. This time the bag, we had the soft ones this time, was attached to a mobile drip stand so if you wanted a potter around the ward you could just potter off taking the stand and drip with you.

The last stand I had was attached to the bed and I foolishly tried to take the drip bottle off the stand to go on a potter and knocked myself on the head with it. If I'd thought I'd've realised that I could've taken the brake off the bed and taken the bed and drip stand down the ward with me.

But I guess you don't always think of these things at the time. I tried to unhook the drip bottle from the stand and hit myself on the head with it.

There's also been a change in pillies. The yellow steroid sparing pillies have been replaced with a different one. This time in my favourite colour so I now have matching t shirts and pillies. These ones are much better without any of the problems that I had with the other ones.

There's also a new tummy pill to look after the tum because of all the other pillies I'm taking.


And now I think it's time fer a certain lemuure to be turning in to get somme Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs.

Tomorrow is going 2 B a busy day cause a lemuure is leaving hospital.