Saturday, March 24, 2007

River birds

A certain lemuure has pottered the walks up to Sainsburys and Tescos this week and not felt too bad for it. It would be nice to walk along the canal and watch the ducks and barges go by on the way to Sainsburys but dusk still falls early and there's no lighting along the canal bank. Still it's a nice walk along the road because the trees that line that side of the canal line the road as well. And, anyway, I think the ducks won't be on the water. I think the sun might be their clock though I'm not sure and they'll be thinking of turning in as it gets dark.

I think you could walk along the canal to Tesco too as you cross it as you walk over to the store. That's quite a nice walk too though I've always walked up by road when I've gone there and don't know if there's a walk along the bank from here to the store.

I haven't seen any moorhens or coots on the canal though I guess there must be some. I'm used to seeing moorhens and coots in the parks. Brockwell park has ducks, moorhens and coots. I expect there are the same birds around here just that I haven't seen them.