Friday, February 16, 2007

The call of the rhubarb

And so I sit here recovering from padding the paws up to Sainsburys yesterday. It's a nice walk though yesterday it was too late to walk along the canal bank as the darkness was just lit by the street lamps and the lights of passing cars.

I just thought some rhubarb and custard would be nice for tea and the only place I could think of to find it was Sainsburys so off I set with bag and umbrella.

I'd been up to the pub on the comyn for hot chocoolate earlier on. Had tried my first chips since the summer but had to admit that the lemuurie tum was not ready for the weekly bowl of chips with tomato sauce.

It's nice there. Warm and cosy in the winter and in the summer it's pleasant to sit outside. I suppose it's a bit like The Windmill in Clapham on the common.

I should've known that I wasn't ready for chips yet. I'd been sneezing a little that morning and while sneezing doesn't mean what it did before going into hospital the last time it still shakes me up a lot and upsets the tum.

The hot chocoolate was lovely.