Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dusk

Just got back in. I really love dusk and early evening here around this time of year. I dunno why but it always seems so atmospheric,suppose it could be something to do with the scent of the fallen leaves. I walked back from the station, jacket still buttoned to my bag, wearing my cotton Indian trousers and purple t shirt. There was a wind blowing but it still wasn't cold enough to need a jacket.

My mind is still cocooned a bit by the illness I've had but not so much that I wasn't aware that at past seven in the evening this late in the year I shouldn't be walking home wearing cotton trousers and a t shirt and feeling comfortably warm.

I think I'm getting noticeably better again. Latest cold zapped it seems. This time my muscles were moving back into place on the train but walking back from the station wasn't difficult this time, not like the last time when it was quite difficult to get home. The pain's gone from my spine too and I can't put that down to painkillers because I've only taken one today, a paracetemol and codeine.

Still, see what tomorrow brings. I'm not counting on anything much at the moment. So, I feel a bit better this evening. But as there's been so many ups and downs I'll just wait. Still swollen up but the muscles have gone down again.