Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Beatrice Potter

Just before I became really ill I skimmed through an article in The ........................ full of helpful hints showing men and women how to communicate with each other. I think before I go any further I better say that I'm pretty sure that it wasn't this article that pushed me over the edge into meningital type symptoms. "Sadly" I abandoned the paper before finishing this fascinating if bewildering bit of reading.

How to communicate through books with men (if you're a woman), and women (if you're a man). Unfortunately, like all articles like this it only included two genders, if you are otherly gendered, forget it or just read everything .... or nothing.

I can only remember two of the books plus the fact that another one suggested was by Germaine Greer. Probably The Whole Woman but I'm not sure.

Someone thinks Beatrice Potter had it sorted. If you're a man you should buy the complete set of Beatrice Potter books and voila you will be able to understand women far better than you did before you read them. I hadn't read any Beatrice Potter before glancing at this article and was left rather confused as all I could think of was Jemima Puddleduck. When I got in that evening I searched the net for further information.

And came up with this. Free Pottering.

http://wiredforbooks.org/kids.htm


And read the Tale of Timmy Tiptoes story.


WARNING. I've found that it's been impossible to get the bit of the article I read out of my head completely and it and the Tale Of Timmy Tiptoes keep on resurfacing at odd moments.


Maybe I'm about to start a journey of self discovery. But, then again, possibly not.


One of the other books suggested to read was one of Germaine Greer's books. I think it was The Whole Woman as this would explain feminism to men.


Now, the book I remember put forward for women to read to help them understand men better was Don Quixote.


http://www.online-literature.com/cervantes/don_quixote/


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh dear.


Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.


Oh dear.


Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear,oh dear,oh dear,oh dear.



I think the article probably had a piece of essential information in it somewhere to help you interpret what you were reading. Not only has my brain been Pottered it has now been Quixoted too. This was obviously an article that had to be read in full. Otherwise you could be taken into a world of complete confusion.


Or maybe it's just me.


Or maybe I missed the bit that said that it was a shame that April 1st is so far away and that we couldn't wait any longer.





Well,that turned out a bit differently than I expected it to.





I've edited out the name of the weekend paper the article appeared in because even though I'm pretty sure which one it was with the length of time gone since I read it there's a chance I might have picked the wrong one.

Could check out down the library but I think I'll just leave the space blank.