Monday, September 12, 2005

that bag situation

Well, one of the guys acquaintences got in touch with the woman to tell her that the guy is a jerk. And the guy who got in touch wasn't on the make either as he's just about to go to live in France with his girlfriend.

I was right all along but the other women seemed to think this guy was the best thing going. One person said that they wouldn't want to be spoken to the way he spoke to her over something but everyone else ignored it and went on about how he was the best example of new man that they'd ever come across. To me he appeared to be very manipulative and not at all sincere and unpleasant.

One woman who appeared to have joined the thread for the purpose of attacking the woman who'd been badly treated said it was just his age. I don't think so. It seemed a bit more to me and I think she should be very grateful that things happened as they did. I thought there were signs that he was quite abusive.

Not that I'm always right by any means but I thought the signs were quite clear regardless of what else he was doing.

I think there must always be signs because no abuser could keep their personality totally under wraps for a long time. It's just spotting them isn't it and being able to distinguish what's what.

This was a LDR but just the little I knew certainly had me worried.

Anyway best of luck to her in the future.