Monday, May 22, 2006

Photos

I had to go and get some photos taken today in one of those photo booths. So, I went down to the station to get them done.

As it turned out I had to have them taken twice because I made a mistake the first time and somehow chose the only one of the four pictures I could choose from that I most definitely didn't want to print out.

This picture somehow made me look as if I'd fallen asleep in the booth which was not the effect I was hoping for.

This happened because the machine kept on telling me to press confirm when I'd chosen the photo I wanted. The first time I chose the picture I wanted, pressed confirm and thought that all I had to do then was to wait for my photos to be printed. But, the machine kept on asking me to choose the picture I wanted and press confirm. Then it ruddy asked me which was my favourite photo of the four I'd posed for and I chose the sleepy one not realizing that this had anything to do with which photo was going to be printed. After all I'd already chosen one and pressed confirm sometime earlier.

The machine kept on and on though and things got very confused.

Anyway, when I saw which photo I'd got. Four all the same as well!!! Four sleepy looking lemuures I decided that I'd have to have the photos done again as I wanted to look alert rather than if I'd somehow managed to fall asleep.

The second time I ignored the machine's pleas to keep on choosing the photo I wanted and to press confirm. And carried on ignoring it when it asked me which was my favourite photo. I'd fallen for that last time and it certainly wasn't going to happen again because what might be my favourite photo out of the four might not be the one that made me look a totally alert and bushy tailed lemuure.

Must say though that the machines certainly take better photos than they used to. I will always remember a passport photo of mine that I used a while back which used to make people get very confused when they looked at it and then looked at me because there was no resemblance between the photo and me at all.

And, yes, I did chose it on purpose.

This time the only really striking difference between me and the photos is that the fur around and just below my shoulders isn't black IRL.

Not to worry.