Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sainsburys

I felt well enough to walk up to Sainsburys today (and back). Lovely walk though I chose not to go along the canal bank. Walked along the road. Someone had obviously planted a mixture of cranesbill seeds along with the grass on some of the verges. There were three different kinds there, though I could only name the herb robert. I recognised all of them, one I had collected seeds for and grown for my own garden once. No meadow cranesbills, which are one of my favourite flowers, but then they'd really be too big to include in a grass and wild flower mixture. I've collected seeds for these and had them growing in the garden.

It's been a lovely day. Don't want to put too much of a dampener on it because I loved being out there and I just kind of accept that things are the way they are. I'll complain and analyse what's going on, but I accept that it's happening. But there was a very noticeable breeze as I was walking along the roads. I just accept that the wind's nearly always making it's presence felt these days and has been for a few years now. But again it was a reminder that things need looking at for the future.

Sainsbury's is pretty cool too and is starting to mark some of it's vegan products as being suitable for vegans. Wow!!! Someone has noticed we exist. Hopefully one day we won't have to check the ones that look as if they might be vegan but turn out to be vegetarian because someone's decided that there must be a drop or two of milk added. But, it's still cool that some of the products have been marked.

And I have some squares of coconut to get the gums into. Actually I have more than enough teeth still to tackle a few squares of coconut. I think on reflection that I might eat them away from the bits the dentist so kindly added last week in readiness for my bridge. I would hate to have to have them done again. I have a kind of inner sqrat going on at the moment though in a less exuberant fashion. I would hate to damage this after all the work the dentist did.