Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Stratford Upon Avon

A lovely warm day today and I headed off for Stratford Upon Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare.

http://www.stratford.co.uk/

http://shakespeare.org.uk/

I thought it'd probably be my last visit while I'm up here, but I think I'll go back and spend a few hours there before I go and take some photos of the old buildings and Stratford in general. I quite like it there. I'll find out the train timetables to Brum from there and make a day of it. There're only trains every two hours to and from Leamington to Stratford and it's a bit tying. So, go down from Leamington and then back to Birmingham and eventually back to Leamington again. Won't be in Birmingham much more either, will I. Will miss it. Will head off for a look round Handsworth again before I go and probably one or two other places.

Might go on The Metro and go to Wednesbury and Wolverhampton too.

http://www.travelmetro.co.uk/

Wednesbury got my interest because of its legal history. In cases of judicial review "Wednesbury Unreasonableness" can be cited when someone seeks to prove that a public body has acted unreasonably.

Wednesbury Unreasonableness is cited when a decision has been made "that is so unreasonable that no sensible person could have reached it" It isn't used very often and if it is it is usually along with another one of the criteria for Judicial Review.

When I got to Wednesbury I found I really liked it and for a moment wondered if I'd like to live there. It's just a small place but every time I went there I found people really helpful and friendly. Also there was often a kind of hippy feel to the clothes in the charity shops there for some reason or other. I guess it'll've changed some since I was last there because there was quite a bit of building work going on.

And I might go down to Wolverhampton too.