Monday, February 27, 2006

Open Diary

I suppose I shouldn't really mention it on here!! But it's different because there's more privacy options so you can just write for yourself or a few people if you want to. It's also got smilies which are great!!

It has a different feel to it as well perhaps because people are treating writing there more like keeping a diary. Here is much more public too.

When I first found the site I read some of the diaries, which, ofcourse, I bookmarked and haven't been back to since. One really got to me. It's written by a teenage girl, and it's so descriptive and I was really into enjoying reading it. And, then, there was a post and I found out she suffered from depression at times and self harmed.

When I feel a bit better I'll go back and read the diaries I've saved to go back to. They were really interesting and good. And, as I mentioned, they seem to be written from a different perspective than most of the things I've found on here. The person said she found the people on the site friendly and more interactive than on LJ, which I guess is where she was before.

I was thinking about this again after someone mentioned finding the site at a board I've just joined. The person said she found the people on the site friendly and more interactive than on LJ, which I guess is where she was before. Not that I know because my diary isn't public so no one's got anything to read except for my first Hello complete with smilies, then ... nothing, cause I've gone undercover.

There're quite a few sites to blog and journal in around the web. I've seen quite a few and I doubt very much if I've found them all.