Friday, February 24, 2006

In search of The Nevilles

I felt a bit better this afternoon and decided to go to Brum. Was too late to see the person I'd've liked to because she'd already left to collect her daughter from school. I wondered if she would have gone because she'd started working different hours in another part of the business which meant leaving earlier. Still, never mind,I'll get in touch to let her know I was there. Hopefully I'll be well enough to go out for lunch soon.

I was out of luck as far as The Nevilles went as well. Not doing so good really here, am I. I was too late to try HMV, but Virgin didn't stock their cds. So,will go and have a look on Amazon later.

Came back with a Sister Of Mercy compilation cd and one by John Fahey. Wonder where I got the last idea from!!!

John Fahey

http://www.johnfahey.com/



The Sisters Of Mercy

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/


I used to be a big fan of The Sisters of Mercy.

And that probably says a lot.

But, then I was also a big fan of The Jesus and Mary Chain.


I was at the Chinese shop and was very taken by the new pseudo Delft china bracelets there. Brilliant!! Chinese Delft ying yang bracelets. The new flower rings were nice too. Not tulips this time though. Still you can't have everything. And, I have two of them.

Because I was in Brum late today I got to see the lovely light wands lit up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/your_birmingham/bullring/bullring_art.shtml

That picture doesn't do them justice. They're lovely to see. Here's a page with a picture of them in daylight. Maybe the two together will give an idea of how they look at night.

http://www.virtualbrum.co.uk/bullring03b.htm

They're light giant unearthly plant sculptures, with the lights as flowers and the metal plates as leaves.

Just beautiful.

There was snow on the ground on the way to Brum. Hadn't seen any here, though had been out earlier and there was a tiny bit of snow in the air but I hadn't seen any that had settled. But there was snow on the railway banks as we went into Birmingham.