Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Relaxation

Yesterday evening I went into one of these states of deep relaxation again. It's only happened three times that I can remember and all in the last few months. I went to lie down for a while because I was feeling tired meaning to be back up in half an hour or so. After about five minutes I realised that I was feeling very relaxed which is relaxing in itself but I soon realised that the relaxation had gone far further than what I normally experience as relaxation and as I fell deeper and deeper into the state of mind and body that I was in that it was much deeper than what I'd experienced the previous two times.

There was rock music playing reasonably quietly in the background on the computer and going by that I guess feeling like this lasted about an hour and a quarter.

I wish I could induce feeling like this in myself, the three times it's happened it's something I've just drifted into when I've been tired and trying to relax. I tried this morning but it didn't work. I expect you could learn to control things like this through meditation. Well, that's just a guess. I don't know.