Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Computers

Last night I got booted off this computer because one of my files became corrupted. How I do not know.

Ofcourse I don't have my set up disc here with me and this meant that I would have to wait til I could get to PC world and get a copy of Windows to reinstall the file from. I do have another computer here but it too needed a bit of attention yesterday.

Then, I didn't get to sleep last night. Not because of the computers, but I just couldn't sleep so ended up spending the night drawing and writing. Tried to sleep but couldn't. Obviously not at the same time as drawing and writing or it'd be obvious why I wasn't sleeping. I did try a bit harder than that!!

Got up. There'd been a message on my answer phone the day before to let me know the local craft shop had some letter beads in. I'd ordered some and they didn't think they'd be getting any til April when they make a large order from this firm. There's a reason but I can't remember what it is. But, they got some. It turned out that the bags were just small, I'd thought they were wholesale size and had just ordered one, so ended up buying four or them and a few extra from the ones they'd opened to sell separately. They had some different ones in as well that were the same design but in mixed colours which is really good,especially for the size string you can use with them. I got a few of the small bags of those as well.

Hahahahahaha.

This could be fun, especially when I'm having a bad day.

Anyway, I went and got those. Almost forgot, I was in a stationers that sell some craft items too and seeing those reminded me of the beads. Guess no sleep had made me a tad forgetful.

Then headed off for Solihull and PC World. Got the things I needed for both computers. Went to Sainsburys then got the bus through to Brum.

I like the bus ride from PC World through to Birmingham, through Shirley, were incidentally I bruised my ribs once, and then on to ride through the wonderful Sparkhill. Looked at all the little shops as we went through, lots of them full of ethnic goods. Caught the eye of some of the people there and we exchanged smiles. It just happened. I had my tote bag on my lap and a book on top of that and had rested my head on the book while looking out the window.

Didn't spend long in Birmingham, just went to Holland and Barrett on New Street Station and popped in to the Chinese 98p shop. Again I was just amazed by some of the artwork in some of the things there. They had rings that had a kind of Gustav Klimt style about them. Really in a kind of Art Nouveau style. Bought a couple of those and some more of the string and clay necklets. They'd more in so I have a bit more string now ready for those beads.

Got the train back. Got in and set about sorting this computer out. Obviously it's ok now. And everything's still here on it.

Got that sorted out but managed to pull the phone line out of the socket, went to put it back in and found I couldn't. So, I had to get that sorted out too. That took more time than I thought it would as it was just a bit tempermental.

And, here I am.

And,now, I'm just off to get dinner.