Friday, November 18, 2005

Oh dear!! ... Poor diet costs the NHS £6 billion a year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/health/4436232.stm


Six billion pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, then it's obvious that I'm not the only one who's been eating crap, though I may have been a bit more radical in my approach to junk food than most, but even so there is no way I could've cost the NHS anything like 6 billion pounds. (Unless the NHS has an accounting system similar to that of the EU then I suppose I might have reason to worry).


Anyway. I should be a pastaring lemuure this evening. Totally pastared. With baked beans and carrots.

And salad.

It may not be the height of haute cuisine but I will be cooking the pasta myself rather than letting M & S, Sainsbury's or Tesco's do ALL the hard work for me.

See if I can knock an extra ten quid off the NHS bill and improve my health at the same time.